I do some of my best reflecting while walking. Walking is not only exercise for the body, but for the mind and soul as well. Anyone who knows me knows that I talk a mile a minute. I walk just as fast, just trying to keep up with the million thoughts running through my mind at the same time. But every once in a while, a contemplative walk helps clear my mind and provides the closest thing to meditation I have found.
While walking it is important to look ahead at the terrain you will encounter, to look back at the ground you’ve covered, and to look inward, for reflection.
I will continue to walk, to reflect, and to attempt to teach myself meditation. What will you do for yourself?
Reflective questions to consider:
- Do you use walking to reflect?
- How do you find ways to meditate?
Abecedary of Reflection
- Thinking in Numbers
- The ABC’s of Education
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Zest
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Young Again
- [Abecedary of Reflection] X Marks the Spot
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Walking
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Voice
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Unwritten & Unspoken
- [Abecedary of Reflection] Think Time