I began 2015 with the modest goal to read at least 15 books. I have already surpassed the goal and the year is just about half over! I am loving the fact that I have more free time to read for work and for pleasure.
What’s on your to-be-read list this summer?
Here is what I’ve read so far in 2015:
- Outviews by Brandt Legg
- Stuck in Downward Dog by Chantel Guertin
- Panic by Sharon Draper
- Word After Word After Word by Patricia MacLachlan
- The History of Us by Leah Stewart
- A Mango- Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
- Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monnigner
- The Department of Lost & Found by Allison Winn Scotch
- Pieces and Players by Blue Balliet
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Hold Fast by Blue Balliet
- Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo
- Gone Tomorrow by Lee Child
#13 – I listened to this as an audio book based on a recommendation from a work friend. As I got closer to the end of the book, I was finding any excuse I could to stay in my car so that I could keep listening! This was a fun mystery and if you listen to it read you get to enjoy Australian accents! Easy, simple read for fun!
#14 – As I mentioned earlier, I love all the YA books by Blue Balliet. This one was particularly heartwarming, as it was about homelessness and included lots of connections to Langston Hughes’ poetry. I enjoyed reading this one beach and poolside while on vacation in Hawaii!
#15 – This was a free read on Oyster and I liked the multigenerational tale of an interesting family. I was, however, disappointed by the abrupt ending.
#16 – I have read and loved many of the books in the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child, though you should not even get me started on the poor casting of Tom Cruise at Jack Reacher for the movie! This was another fast-paced, action mystery that was a perfect vacation read!
Previous 2015 Reading Updates: