SAQ’s = Should Ask Questions (great idea from this post)
By now we all know that during most job interviews, the interviewee has the opportunity to ask questions of the person/panel/organization. It is important to not only ask at least one question, but to prepare your question(s) based on the job for which you are interviewing. I offer the list below as a starting point to consider, the SAQ’s an interviewee should ask in an educational interview:
- How do employees treat one another here (in this school/ office/ department/ district)?
- How might I see your organization’s vision come to life if I walked into a classroom/ meeting/ event?
- In what ways is your organization innovative?
- How do people communicate within your organization?
- What would you describe as the greatest strengths of the organization?
- What would you describe as the greatest area ready for growth within the organization?
- How is technology used for work efficiency within this organization?
- What would you like me to know about the organization that I can’t learn by visiting your website?
- Is this position a new job or is it being vacated?
- If vacated, why is the previous person leaving this job?
- Why should I want to work here?
- How do you see this job evolving in the next 5 years?
What other SAQ’s would you add to this list?